|Position Risk Assessment:||High|
|Term of Office:||2 year, renewable - appointed by Incumbent at Vestry|
|Supervision & Support:||Reports to: Advisory Board
Staff Liaison (if different from above): Committee/Board responsible for this ministry: Administration Committee
|Purpose:||To co-ordinate all activities & events held within the church and to maintain good communication between all groups and members.|
- The Incumbent and Churchwardens
- All groups and ministries within the church
- All parishioners
Skills & Qualifications:
- good administrative skills are necessary.
- must have knowledge of the workings of our church body, and the responsibilities of those in leadership.
- must be a good listener, and be a “people person” with good communication skills.
- flexibility is an asset, as working with many groups means lots of changes.
- position requires a Police Records Check
Spiritual Gifts Recommended:
- the retiring Parish Co-ordinator is to provide training necessary, and act as a mentor
- Diocesan Sexual Misconduct Training every 3 years
Meeting Date & Time:
- No official meetings, however you will be in frequent contact with the Rector & Churchwardens regarding church activities.
Time Commitment Involved:
- time commitment varies depending on what’s happening in the church. With new activities & events, the time commitment would increase.
- it would average about 4 hours per month - possibly more when doing the newsletter
Description of Duties / Responsibilities:
- encourage members to communicate with each other when differences of opinion arise
- help find co-ordinators for parish events e.g. lawn sale, making sure there is enough time to plan these events.
- oversee the Parish Newsletter
- maintains the “Meeting Space Reservation Book”
- if an event coincides with another, you must communicate with the contact people so that conflict does not result
- act as a mediator when necessary
- when events occur that may interfere with the janitorial services, you must reschedule the cleaning times
- assist in any administrative duties that come up
- works closely with the Rector & Churchwardens.
Limits of the Position:
- do not feel obligated to take on added responsibilities when volunteers cannot be found
- be aware of what is happening in the church, but do not step in unless problems arise
Benefits & Opportunities:
- have a profound effect of the well-being of the church
- develop an understanding of what activities the church is involved in - see the “Big Picture”
- develop strong relationships with members of all ministries, especially ones you are not a part of
Office Instructions: Provide a copy of this position description to the applicant. Place a copy in the applicant’s file in a locked filing cabinet. Record the completion of this step on the applicant’s Screening Checklist.
Rev. November 27, 2003